SANBlaze VirtuaLUN storage emulation for iSCSI is the key piece of test equipment for anyone developing products supporting the iSCSI storage protocol. The VirtuaLUN feature set provides a unique set of functions applicable in all aspects of a product lifecycle; from development to design validation and test and QA. The ability to emulate iSCSI targets and initiators with a wide range of configurable attributes provides engineers with a flexible, scalable tool to simulate real Data Center Ethernet and SAN environments, at a fraction of the cost of real devices.
The VirtuaLUN provides full control and programmability of SCSI and network parameters, providing unique storage test conditions for network testing and development.
For target emulation, an iSCSI target can be a disk, a tape, or a collection of each, such as a tape changer or storage array. Easily configurable target environments with optional storage profiles can be edited and saved for reuse. Multiple error conditions and triggers allow for complex error injection. RAM based targets provide low latency targets for performance testing. Very complex, disk based error conditions can be simulated to provide a unique platform for backplane and controller testing. The ability to program complex and varying range of target configurations, and save and restore multiple disk configurations provides a flexible and invaluable tool for development, test and QA labs.
Initiator emulation delivers the ability to drive iSCSI traffic, inject errors, send specific or custom op codes in an easy to use, scriptable platform. Custom command generation and predefined tests provide simulated host environments. Auto connect and probe features quickly identify targets to test. Features such as Read/Write/Compare testing, error injection and a custom command builder provide an environment to simulate single or multiple iSCSI initiators.
Test cases can be saved and restored with a single command. Tests can be started via command line, scripted or via an easy to use Web based interface.
- Simulated iSCSI Devices
- Disks drives and Disk Arrays
- Tapes and Tape Libraries
- Initiators (NIC and CNA)
- Configure Multiple iSCSI operating parameters
- Configure iSCSI security parameters
- Configure and display iSCSI session information
- Generate/Consume Multiprotocol traffic (UDP/FCoE/iSCSI)
- Frame size control (MTU)
- Configurable MAC address
- Autoprobe/Autoconnect for iSCSI Targets Features
- Chap Support
- Error Injection
- Packet Capture and Decode
- Easy to use Web based interface
- Command line interface and scripting
- Save/load configurations
- Trace Functionality
- Error counters
- Real time statistics and performance data
- iSCSI Hardware and Software Development
- Validate and test iSCSI NIC or CNA
- Validate and test iSCSI storage arrays
- Simulate single or multiple iSCSI hosts
- Switch and network testing
- Virtual environment testing
- Storage software verification
- SAN management software verification
- Performance testing
- Error handling testing
- Failover and multipath simulation
- Scalability testing
- Capacity planning
- Network congestion simulation